
This morning we had equipping time at Sean Todd's house, which is synonymous with FRENCH TOAST! ! ! YAY! I don't know what he does to make his French Toast taste so amazing, but it is aloi mak! ! ! I was excited to see the Cheung Doi interns were able to come as well. P'Gahn and P'O always make a party more fun. Once everyone had their fill of food, Sean Todd gave his lesson. He talked about Buddhism and some of the similarities and differences it has with Christianity. It was really interesting-since I have been here and been immersed in so much Buddhist culture, I have been wanted to learn more about their beliefs. The more I know about the Thai culture, the easier I think it is for me to relate to the people here.
Once equipping was over, some of the people left to go back to the zone, but Terri, Melanie, and I all stayed for a youth group activity. We had planned to all eat lunch together, so once Butter and Yam arrived we began our festivities. We all walked down the street and got some off-brand slurpies. I got a strawberry one, which you can never go wrong with. I did try Asia's chocolate one though, and that tasted pretty good as well. Back at the Todds' house, we all pitched in and to help make lunch. The menu consisted of grilled cheese, tomato soup, and Thai omelet. I was in charge of making the grilled cheese, and even though I was criticized on my methodology, I think the end result was acceptable. After lunch, we all hung out and talked for a while. One of the things that we did was to assign everyone a different Disney princess that fit their personality. I was given Cinderella, which I was pretty excited about.
P'O stopped by after a little while to pick us up and take us back to the church. I made it back just in time for my TWO English lessons that afternoon. They were both with really good English speakers, and I was kind of skeptical of how much I could really help them. My first session was with Ball, and he immediately pulled out his guitar amp manual to have me read and explain it to him. Seeing as how I am not too skilled in the band equipment department, that posed quite a challenge for me. We managed to understand the process of saving a tone to memory though, which I consider quite a success. In my lesson with Ohng, we went over his grammar homework. I hadn't studied grammar in about six years, so my sentence diagramming skills were a little rusty. I told him that in the future, we may have to bust out Skype and talk to my mom if his questions got any harder.
After class, I worked on plans for English camp with P'Wah. She had almost everything planned out though, and I felt bad that I wasn't more help to her. I did put my English speaking skills to good use by typing up the schedule. By the time we had finished getting everything mapped out, everyone had left to go see a movie, so I decided to go upstairs and go to bed early for a change.
One thing I found out today was that Bom, Thum, and Ohng started studying the Red Book with Chris. The Red Book is the into to Christianity book that they use here to study from when people are interested in becoming a Christian. That was definitely an encouragement, and I am so excited for them!

No comments:
Post a Comment