Monday, June 2, 2008

ee i ee i oh!


"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me." -Psalms 51:10


I was determinted to have a better day today. I woke up around seven and decided to go for a run. I have recently gotten a few new CDs (State Radio; The Beautiful Girls), and I was excited about going running so I could listen to them. I remembered the way to the park, so I decided to walk there. It was a little farther than I had remembered, but it was nice to kind of relax for a while. I made it to the park entrance and decided to start my run. The park wasn't nearly as crowded as it was on Saturday, but I did run into a monitor lizard. It came straight up out of the pond and walked right in front of me! CRAZY! After two laps, I walked back to the church building. I woke Terri up when I came in, so she decided to get up. While she was taking a shower, I updated my pictures on facebook. When she was out, we decided to hit the town and enjoy our last day in Bangkok. Breakfast was first on our agenda. We both got cereal and a grilled ham and cheese sandwhich from 7-11-both were excellent choices. It is kind of strange; I have been on this weird chocolate milk kick here. I don't really like chocolate milk all that much, but it tastes really good here. After breakfast, we ran into Larry, and he invited us to the Snake Farm with him and Neil-one of the missionaries at the church there. We took a cab over and explored all the snake exhibits. We also got to see them extract venom from a cobra. I now feel fully prepared to tackle the snake population here. When we came back to the church, Terri and I grabbed some lunch. I got some pineapple and a green mango. The pineapple was delicious, and the green mango was pretty good, however, I probably won't be a frequent purchaser of it. It started raining during lunch, so Terri and I decided to run down the street and get a Thai massage. That definitely was an experience. It was more painful and relaxing, but at least it was authentic. Hopefully she got some of the kinks worked out of my back from sleeping on the floor for the past week. After our massage, we hung out in our room for a while and got everything ready for when the rest of the ACU girls arrived. We set up their beds and laig out the sarongs we got for them. When the rain stopped, we walked to the park to have some prayer time for our internship. I have been kind of nervous about it, but it is so cool how some prayer time can really set you at ease. On the way back, we stopped at teh Big C for some dinner. Their food court was extremely confusing and didn't have the best food, so Terri and I grabbed a waffle dog on our way out. Once we were back at the church, I took a much-needed shower and then hung out in our room until it was time to leave for the airport. At the airport, we were so excited to see the ACU girls. They were so tired from their crazy day of travelling, but Terri and my screaming definitely gave them and everyone around us a jolt. Having them get here really makes the summer seem like it is starting instead of being in this transition time. When we made it back to the church, we bought our plane tickets for Chiang Mai and then made a quick 7-11 run to show the new girls the ropes. After that, we all went to sleep so that we would be ready to take on our first day in Chiang Mai!

No comments: