Friday, June 13, 2008

It's Greek To Me


Today I woke up and decided to go running again off campus. I didn't run by anything too exciting except for a rotee stand. However, they were closed, so I guess it wasn't all that exciting after all. When I got back, I got ready for our equipping time. Today was mystery equipping, which is where Robert picks us up and takes us to a surprise location. He took us to a rock climbing area in the mountains. We didn't have any ropes, so we weren't able to do any climbs. The scenery was beautiful though! We had our quiet time when we got there, and I climbed up in a mini cave called "The Furnace". During part of our quiet time, we read a handout on emotional dependency, which we discussed during our equipping time. I feel like that was something really good for all of us to hear. After equipping time, Robert took us into all these cool caves. It was really neat because in every cave, we sang a different song. Hearing all the different acoustics was an awesome experience! In the last cave we went to, we all spread out around the perimeter of it and did a chain prayer. When we were done praying, Chris asked if we could all sing "I Want to See You." After the song, there was this silence that just emanated throughout the cave. All nine of us all stood there and absorbed the moment. It was so cool, especially because the day before we had talked about meditation and quieting ourselves. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience. After our spiritual silence subsided, we all went back to Chiang Mai to grab some lunch. The agreed upon restaurant was Subway, which I was ecstatic about. My turkey on wheat was delectable! Back at the zone, none of us had any classes scheduled, so we all cleaned up and got ready for our F4 party at Robert's house. All the churches the missionary team here has started get together once a month to eat and hang out. We went over early to help P'Jan out with the cooking, but she seemed to have it pretty under control. After everyone had arrived, we all had dinner and then had a short devo. We also played a game where you had to guess the word that was written on your back. Mine was "Alien from Abilene". The person acting it out for me told me that the town on my back was in West Texas, which completely threw me off. Having family in the real west Texas, I took the liberty of informing him of his slight geographical error. I also got a chance to hang out with some of the teens from the different churches. Robert had asked me to be a sort of youth group leader for them during the summer, and I am so excited about it! I also got to talk to Sandy Trotter-a visiting member from the Todds' supporting congregation. Talking to her was such an encouragement. I am really glad I got a chance to do so. We left pretty quick after that to get back to the zone because the Aggies had arrived! YAY! It was so good to see all of them! We got to catch up some before they went to bed, which was wonderful! I stayed up a bit to help Mace fill up water balloons for the next day's activities. It was so good to talk to him! He has this peaceful and soothing demeanor that just puts you at ease. We finished pretty late, so after that I went straight to bed.

1 comment:

Alex Vaughn said...

Okay, I'm totally jealous of the cave experience. I also like how you protected the identity of the person that doesn't know his/her geography.