
Today I woke up and decided to go running around the far campus of Payap, which mainly consisted of the Law School buildings. When I got back, I grabbed some quick breakfast and then went to our morning devo. Today we talked about John 3. It always amazes me how much we can pull out of just one chapter. It is really cool to hear everyone's different interpretation of it. During my quiet time, I went over the spiritual discipline of meditation. It has always been hard for me to quiet my mind and just be, but as Robert was talking about it during our equipping time, it seemed like something I would like to try to do more of. After equipping time, Katie and I dropped off our laundry at a lady down the street to be cleaned. Then we grabbed some quick lunch and recruited P'Pui to take us to the computer store. I am so thankful P'Pui is here. I don't know what I would do without her. At the computer store, I finally found a new charger! YAY! Now my computer can be in working order again! On the way back, we stopped by Carrefour, and I grabbed some supplies from the American food section to make salsa and guacamole because the avocados that we had gotten from the village school were ripe and ready to go. The produce and other groceries in Thailand definitely have their differences from back at home, so the final product of my Mexican food appetizers was not quite up to par, but they seemed to suffice for Robert and the rest of the interns. After I finished my cooking experiments, I decided to join Melanie and get my hair cut. This hair-cutting experience was definitely an interesting one. We were told to go to a nearby gas station because that was best place to go within walking distance. The "lady" who was assigned to me actually turned out to be a transvestite who know very little English. She took off a little more than I expected, but considering the language barriers, I think it turned out pretty well. After that, we went straight to cell group for dunner and a devo. I had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone there. After dinner, I joined one of the guys for a short soccer game with some of his friends, and my team won! YAY! When I got back to the zone, I went straight to bed-exhausted from a fun and exciting day!

No comments:
Post a Comment