
I woke up today kind of late, but I decided to go ahead and go running. It was so hot! I really need to start getting up earlier to run. When I started out on campus, it was quite entertaining to see all the freshmen out in their goofy garb for their new student activities. When I got back, I ate a quick breakfast and then went to my Thai lesson. I really feel like those help a lot with my Thai vocab and grammar. Janhom is so patient with us-I know five American girls must be overwhelming. After the lesson, a group of us all went out to eat lunch before our fast started. I got Kao Soi again, except this time I got it with pork which made it even better than the first time I got it. On the way back to the zone, P'Pui dropped us off at Relaxland, and Jordan, Emily, Melanie, and I all got Thai massages. Mine was a much better experience than my first Thai massage, which I was extremely pleased about. After our massage, we caught a Tuk Tuk home. Back at the zone, some people had started painting the section of the zone that was being renovated. I helped out with that for a few hours, but my painting skills are not quite up to par-my bedroom gives proof of that. After my painting adventures, I came back and started getting ready for the devo. P'Wah was the main person who organized it, and everything turned out really well. We spent about two hours in popcorn-style prayer, singing, and scripture reading. After the devo, Melanie and I worked on our lesson for class on Sunday. We decided to talk about prayer and show a clip from Bruce Almighty. Since I had never seen it, we went to rent it and watch it for the rest of the night. It was actually better than I thought it would be. After the movie, I talked with some of the girls for a while before going to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment