
I woke up this morning and got ready for church. All the ACU interns met before church for a few minutes to go over John 1:1-18 because we were reading it in front of everyone today. Church was really good. Jordan preached, and he did a really nice job with the lesson. When it came time for all of us to go to the front and recite it, I was surprised at how smoothly it went. I was also really impressed with P'Wah. She said it all by herself with a really difficult Thai translation. That kind of seems to be how she does things though-she kind of marches to the beat of her own drum. After church, everyone was supposed to go downstairs for a meeting, but this was the first Sunday for me to teach the youth group kids, so I stayed upstairs with all of the kids for our class. Considering I have absolutely no youth group or teaching experience whatsoever, I think it went pretty well. After class, we all went out to lunch. We went to a noodles place not far from the zone. I had Lad Na, and it was great! After lunch, I hung out at the zone for a few hours and played cards with some of the people there. I still have yet to win a Nerts game. At about 2:30, Melanie and I went swimming with P'Wah, P'Pui, P'Gift, Jenny, and Ohng. It was so much fun, and the water felt wonderful! When it was time for dinner, P'Wah took us back to the zone to make a quick clothes change before we left for P'Robert's house for dinner. Jordan was fixing pasta, and I had been looking forward to it the whole day. He had gone to culinary school, so this Italian food was restaurant style caliber. It was really nice being able to spend some time with Robert's family for a while before they left on furlough. After dinner, we all went to Walking Street. I got some shoes for $3-what a bargain! My mom would be proud. After Walking Street, we all went back to the zone because it was getting late. I came in and went straight to bed at a fairly decent hour, which was nice for a change.

No comments:
Post a Comment