Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Say a Little Prayer for You


This morning I couldn’t go running because I had to prepare for my lesson. Since Robert left, we all decided to trade off leading equipping time, and I was the first person to go. My chapter was over prayer, which I really enjoyed. The discussion time went really well, and everyone seemed to be into it. For each discipline, we all try to have an application part to the lesson. For our application, we each signed up for a different thirty minute block of time to pray for the ministry at the zone and the Payap students. After equipping time, I went up to campus to eat lunch with the students, but I had forgotten that it was Wednesday, which is a day off for all of the university students. I grabbed a q2uick bite to eat, and then P’Wah and I went to get a drink from Wawee. P’Wah is the only Thai intern with the five of us, and I had asked to spend some one-on-one time with her so that I could get to know her a little bit better. She has had such an interesting life, and I really admire her self-confidence and independence. After coffee, I went back to the zone for my English lessons. I was supposed to have two today-one was with Ball and one was with Ohng. They were both at the zone, and they both decided to cancel on me. They wanted to go to the airport to see John and Julie off. Since they were both going, I decided to go too. At the airport, I saw a group of girls dressed in school uniforms, and I went up to talk to them because I thought they were Payap students. They were actually from Chiang Mai University, and when they realized my blunder, we all had a good laugh about it. It was kind of sad to see John and Julie go. I know a lot of people here will miss them. I just hope I can do as good a job as they have done. After we returned from the airport, Chris picked us all up to have dinner with their family. They are both so nice, and I am really glad I got a chance to talk to them. After dinner, we all were pretty worn out, so Chris took us home and we wound things down for the night.

No comments: